Friday, January 11, 2008

My First Wedding Request-A Scam

This is hilarious, i barely got my business license yesterday and don't even have my website up yet and i already got my first wedding request scam via e-mail today!  Enjoy.

Hello,


My name is Theodore Purcell and I am a geologist and I work with an

oil servicing company here in our Aberdeen branch as field

supervisor.I met my wife who is a south African last year and we would

like to seal it this April.


Her parents insisted that we must have a traditional wedding in their

and later pick a country of our choice for the church wedding and so

we have decided to do it in the US because she has two of her cousins

in the STATES and she said it has always been her dreams to wed in the

UNITED STATES. So we have chosen somewhere in Columbus, Ohio in USA.


In the light of this, we would need a professional photographer to

help us cover the events in there in the state, because we believe it

will not be cost wise to include a photographer to the list of people

that will be coming for our wedding in the UNITED STATES. As regards,

the size of the wedding and the size or dimension of the photograhs to

be taken at the event, my planner will be coming over to your office

for he will be in the best position to give my requirement and other

neccessary details.


1.)So I want to know if you will be available to cover the event which

will come up on the 26th of April this year,

2.)You shall be arriving 1 day before the ceremony to avoid

dissapointment (It depends).,

3.)I want to know how much you charge for a 6hr coverage excluding

transportation and accommodation for it will be taken care.,

4.)I want to know your deposit so as to get assured of the date

without any form of disappointment.


Due to the nature of my job, i intend paying with a certified cashiers

drawn in the US bank and made payable in full to you or your company.

If you don't have problem with that let me have the Full NAME and

ADDRESS want the payment mailed to.


Regards,


Theodore Purcell

teddy1975p@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Lilia said...

Hi Gustavo:

I just found your blog by doing a Google search on "teddy1975p@yahoo.com". I'm also a wedding photographer, and I just received the same spam! Anyway, I'm glad that you posted about this. The message sounded fishy to me, and now I know that it's definitely spam!

Gyme said...

I just got the same email today. I'm tempted to ask for $250,000 and see what he says.