Thursday, January 17, 2008

Off to Maui...Célébrités Gallery

Took a cab to the airport this morning and off i was on a non-stop flight to Maui on ATA.

IMG_1568.JPG

I arrived a met up with a friend of the brides, Bart Cilfone. He saved me from having to pay full price on a hotel by myself when my other friend bailed on the trip. We picked up the rental car and drove down to Kihei to the Maui Banyan Hotel. I did plenty of research beforehand and this was the best deal in town. I was pretty excited when we got there that the room was pretty big and also had a full size kitchen in it. It was probably just as big as my condo back home.

We grabbed dinner at Cheeseburger Island Style located at The Shops at Wailea. We then walked around and being the art lover that i am i got sucked into The Celebrities Gallery. This gallery is comprised of pieces of art created by celebrities. I was most drawn to the Pop Art created by the owner Gerard Marti. Here are some fun samples of his work.

monalisath.jpg

heroinred.jpg

lightth.jpg

gerardLifeAfterDeath.jpg

imaginepeace.jpg

gmartiredkiss.jpg.jpg

gmpeaceth.jpg

The artist-Gerard Marti
gerardwithShoveIt.jpg

No comments: