Thursday, July 10, 2008

HOG FOR KIDS:Day 8-Albuquerque, NM to Ft. Collins, CO

HOG FOR KIDS:Day 8-Albuquerque, NM to Ft. Collins, CO

NM to CO

Last night i stayed with my new friend Don. Before i left i New Mexico was the only place that i did not know anyone and would just plan on staying at a hotel. I was telling this to my friend Kennedy when she said she had a friend in Albuquerque. She placed the call and i was set. Don took care of me and welcomed me into his home. Thanks Don for your hospitality.

I slept in, rode over to Whole Foods and stocked up for the longest ride yet. It amazed me that it was longer than the San Francisco to LA leg i did on my first day. Like clockwork i ran out of gas at 174 miles and pulled into a gas station that was close by. Today was a pretty straightforward ride up I-25 highway.

Since i got in late and left after Don had taken off for work i did not get a chance to get a picture with Don. I took a pic of an image in his living room. Thanks Don.
IMG_0981.JPG

Nuevo Mexico vistas...
IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

Outta gas again...
IMG_0997.JPG

Pipes are hot, do not touch! Bummed out that i burned a hole in my new riding pants:(
IMG_1000.JPG

Makeshift picnic.
IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

Some beautiful cloud formations.
IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

Sunset in the Colorado Rockies.
IMG_1040.JPG

Total Mileage: 505
Total Time: 8.5HRS

3 comments:

Chung Nguyen said...

That's very generous of Don. Sorry about your riding pants. Better the pants than a burn on your leg, though....

Nicole Marie Kulinski said...

I am so sad that I missed you :(

Ellen said...

Gustavo, it's so cool to see your stuff! I met you a year ago at the SW Phoenix and just ran across your name in an article about Bambi Cantrell - is it you who is joining her team? Anyway, next time you ride through NM, let me know!! :)